Prayers...

In April, 2010, when Andrew was 2 1/2, a tumor was discovered behind his eye. The tumor was removed, but it was found to be an aggressive cancer. He endured seven months of chemo and six weeks radiation. In December of 2010, the day after his last treatment, he was rushed to the ER with an almost fatal bacterial infection. He survived.

He is now seven-years-old!! I don't visit here much, because during the ordeal, this is where I dumped everything--my rage, my fear, my sadness, my ugly, my hope, my everything. But I want all of you who supported and prayed for us to hear his updates. You helped me survive, and I am deeply thankful. Every once in awhile, I will check in to let you know how he's doing. Please continue to pray that cancer will never return to his body. Thank you.



Friday, July 30, 2010

You Capture: Play

"The nine says nine, the nine says nine, every letter makes a sound, the nine says nine"  can be heard, in very loud and cheery two-year-old voice, weekday mornings in the waiting area of the radiation treatment center. 

On weekday evenings, just outside the main hospital, you will find a small child connected by tubes to a medical backpack, walking up and down a red curb,  jumping over small potholes and cracks (saving my back of course).  His smiling mother follows closely behind, making sure that he stays close enough to his backpack, and far enough from the arriving cars.


Andrew has been watching Leapfrog's "Letter Factory" all Houston long.  And sometimes he is a little confused between his numbers and letters, but he is still singing. 

(Here he is rocking out to "Breaking the Law,"  still one of his favorites) 

 After five days of chemo and radiation he is still jumping, smiling, singing songs, and fighting with his brothers.  Yesterday my mom said, "What'd they put in that chemo?"  because he is just so busy.  I am so thankful. 


He amazes me everyday.  He keeps right on playing.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Go Andrew - you rock.
    Remember to keep your Mum on her toes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope things continue to go well! im thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Andrew, go! Play your heart out, little guy. You deserve it (and so does your mom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!!! :) Especially to "breaking the law" lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the motion that you achieved in the first photo...inspired! Keep playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two year olds are awesome! I love that he's so cheerful and happy! The smile in that last photo is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i LOVE this. the first photo is brilliant... your son's soul is rich. he teaches me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome Andrew!!
    My daughter loooooved that video too!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...