Prayers...

In April, 2010, when Andrew was 2 1/2, a tumor was discovered behind his eye. The tumor was removed, but it was found to be an aggressive cancer. He endured seven months of chemo and six weeks radiation. In December of 2010, the day after his last treatment, he was rushed to the ER with an almost fatal bacterial infection. He survived.

He is now seven-years-old!! I don't visit here much, because during the ordeal, this is where I dumped everything--my rage, my fear, my sadness, my ugly, my hope, my everything. But I want all of you who supported and prayed for us to hear his updates. You helped me survive, and I am deeply thankful. Every once in awhile, I will check in to let you know how he's doing. Please continue to pray that cancer will never return to his body. Thank you.



Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You Capture: Feet!

Okay, so I went overboard. 
I saw feet everywhere. 
And I took pictures, everywhere. 
Other mothers and fathers at the park were questioning my sanity.
 I ducked and positioned every time my son flew backwards in his swing. 
For a period of several hours, I forgot that my children had faces.

Oh, and yes. 
My camera broke. 
 I took so many pictures of feet that my camera gave up in surrender.
It basically said, "Hey lady, enough with the feet already."
So here they are.
Feet, glorious feet.


These are my son's favorite shoes (crocs).  He wears them everywhere:



The swings allowed for some fun photo ops:







Three Boys on a Wall:
 
And then the boys decided to wrestle.  Another awesome opportunity for... feet!






I included this one due to the sheer number of feet included.
Even MY foot made this picture.
I suppose in most cases, that would be bad photography, 
but I figured I'd go with it, for this week.





Feet!

This week Beth is out on maternity leave, so Keli is hosting at her blog:



Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful. I love the one with all the feet hanging down and the one with the red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some VERY fun pictures. I really loved the feet dangling off the wall. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you start looking at feet they are everywhere, aren't they? Feet, feet, and more feet. Those are some very cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic shots! Love the b & w swing shot and the one with the feet dangling on the brick wall.

    I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm nuts too for taking pics of my feet in the middle of the yard! Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great captures! I especially love the swing one with the shadow. Swing shots can be hard to get, and you totally got some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the one of your boys on the wall, just perfect! I hope you're able to mend your camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the b&w feet, and the feet along the wall. Great photos! You're really improving! Wow.

    I can't believe you beat me to this today, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so fun!! i love the swinging and wrestling pictures - they are all boys, eh?

    thank you for participating this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I love all of those fun angles you captured!! I would have never thought of getting the bottoms of feet from swings! - Very creative :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your shots. So creative. Awesome job, and how cool you actually went out for this weeks You Capture. I crabbed photos from my archive.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The crocs and the wall picture are my favorites. The colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shots! :) Great job...those dirty feet remind me of my little guy. Who is perpetually filthy. Somehow he's filthy even after he gets out of the tub. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your swing pictures and the dirty feet, it captures chidlhood really well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful photos! i love the one of the boys on the wall and also how creative you were in using a swing to get such a great angle on the feet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that first one is stunning and then I saw the boys on the wall and loved that, AND THEN I noticed the war paint and laughed at the boyness of them all :) So precious! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing shots. My absolute favorite is of the three boys on the wall. Great idea to catch their feet while they're swinging!

    ReplyDelete
  17. #3 is AWESOME! Love the shadow..love the angle. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...