Prayers...

In April, 2010, when Andrew was 2 1/2, a tumor was discovered behind his eye. The tumor was removed, but it was found to be an aggressive cancer. He endured seven months of chemo and six weeks radiation. In December of 2010, the day after his last treatment, he was rushed to the ER with an almost fatal bacterial infection. He survived.

He is now seven-years-old!! I don't visit here much, because during the ordeal, this is where I dumped everything--my rage, my fear, my sadness, my ugly, my hope, my everything. But I want all of you who supported and prayed for us to hear his updates. You helped me survive, and I am deeply thankful. Every once in awhile, I will check in to let you know how he's doing. Please continue to pray that cancer will never return to his body. Thank you.



Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Weird Week

It has been a stange, odd week.
Parts of it were funny.
Parts of it were sweet.
But most of it felt like a weird dream.

Almost every day I thought,
"I wish I could reboot and start over!"
and
"I wish I could just take a nap!"
I don't even know why.
Just little annoyances that built up and made me feel out of control.

My brand new computer has a virus,
and I can't blog from it.
:(
There is a spinning wheel in the middle of the page and it won't let me type.
It almost feels like virtual laughing, or taunting:
"Ha ha! I am never going to stop spinning!
I look like I am processing,
but I am not!
Ha Ha! Fooling you!"

Sometimes when I put in my blog address and push "send"
my blog starts talking to me.
It says,
"You may have won a Million Dollars!"
So I am sitting here at the kitchen counter on my old,
slow as molasses laptop
(that does not have a virus).
Tomorrow, hopefully, my new computer will be cured,
so that I can cross one annoyance off my list!

I think I had too much caffeine this week too,
which always makes me a little jumpy and off.
My mind races faster than my eyes can process,
if that makes any sense.

One day this week,
I spent 12 hours in my workout clothes
waiting for the right moment to exercise.
(It never came.)
I kept catching glimpses of myself in mirrors
and windows
and wondered,
"Why do I look familiar!?"
"WHO do I look like?"


And then I figured it out:



I don't know if I can wear those workout clothes anymore...

Another day,
I was driving around,
dropping children off at school
when Sammy pointed to the passenger seat window,
and said,
"What's that Mommy?"




That?
hmm...
well, that would be
a nylon mesh strap

ripped off
of something...

Probably something from here:



(You are looking at my garage ceiling.
Yes, that is my car parked under there.
Did I tell you about my husband's strange storage strategies?)

I really hope the ceiling continues to stay up.

The sweet part...

Andrew noticed that his eyebrows have grown in,
and woke me up to show me.

That alone
made my week
much better.


However,
I am still relieved that in four minutes it will be Friday,
and this very odd,
virus-infested,
overly-caffeinated,
Star Trekky,
nylon-strappy,
week
is almost over.

Was your week as weird as mine?
:)




"Irritating? Ah yes - one of your Earth emotions."
Dr. Spock

11 comments:

  1. LOL!! You've got me laughing this morning! LOVE the star trek workout outfit. :D
    I hope your weekend is much less weird and that you get the new computer fixed. (What a pain!)

    Also... YAY!!! for new eyebrows!!!

    Now, as Spock would say... Live long and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My week was full of stress and emotion but after getting a great laugh from your garage storage I feel much better! Thanks!

    Here is to hoping you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had to laugh (out loud!) at the nylon mesh strap... and that ceiling is something to be in awe of!
    Hopefully the weekend brings you some rest and the next week is better.
    Oh yeah, I also really wish that I could reply to your comments you leave, but you have a no-reply address:-( Sad Face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture of your workout outfit compared to Spock's gave me a chuckle. The quote at the end gave me an outright laugh. :D You might be annoyed but you're so funny about it. I think your sense of humor is surviving.

    Personally, I think it's the weather. The end of Janurary/beginning of February is always weird. People around here have been really ... distracted. (I always blame the weather -- it's convenient and no one gets hurt.)

    Yay for Andrew's eyebrows!!! I'll bet you LOVED getting up really early even to hear that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope - not the only weird one - though I LOVED the Spock workout clothes (being a closet Trekkie) - and remember what he always said - "Live long and prosper." - what a wonderful message for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would you believe we have bikes, strollers, and pool toys hanging from our garage ceiling, too? Oh, and one patched up spot where my husband drilled into a water pipe during said storage project. That was fun! =>

    PS: Can I call you Spock from now on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the laughs! So funny about your Spock uniform...

    How sweet that Andrew has noticed his eyebrows and woke you up to show you!

    Our garage looks the same! And under our patio too. I started removing hooks from under the patio and hiding them from my husband because I think the kids should have access to their own bikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freaking HILARIOUS!
    What the garage?
    What the crazy weird week?
    I love it. I have had the SAME exact week, minus the storage and workout clothes (exercise? HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just made my friday! Work is crazy busy, which 9 out of times leads to me forgetting things - like my eye glasses at the restaurant we went to for lunch today. (one more stop I have to make on my way home) Here's to a better, not-so-weird week - next week! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  10. this post was pure gold! i love how you ferret out bits of hilarity in spite of emotional exhaustion. you are a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Julie, I too couldn't stop laughing at the nylon mesh strap, and the picture that followed!! Now I know who EXACTLY Charle learned to organize our garage from! I need to send you a picture of our garage ceiling one of these days! It'll only be a matter of time before I find a car seat base and ladder on my ceilings too. This is too funny...

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...